I originally posted the following information and commentary onto my Facebook wall…
“Not For Sale”: Campaign to End Human Trafficking & Slavery:
(Not For Sale) There are more than 30 million slaves in the world today. More than at the height of the Trans-Atlantic slave trade.
Our hope is that this section allows you to learn from those around the world that have been in bondage and about those who are fighting modern slavery. This page is intended to provide an introduction and framework to modern-day slavery. Browse the topics below to further grasp what it is we’re joining together to fight.
- IS THIS SLAVERY? – True or False
- TRAFFICKING AND GLOBALIZATION – Sex trafficking simultaneously exploits both the best and the worst aspects of globalization
- CHILDREN ARE NOT PROSTITUTES – Masking sex trafficking as prostitution
- TRAFFICKING CHILDREN – Recruitment and extraction
- TRAFFICKING CHILDREN – An industry of exploitation
- TRAFFICKING CHILDREN – Control and violence
- LEGAL EFFORTS TO CURB TRAFFICKING – Snapshot: legislation
- MEN WHO DRIVE THE DEMAND – Snapshot: “Sexual tourism”
- SHAME AS A WEAPON – Shame is a club that beats enslaved women at practically every turn
- DIGNITY BEYOND THE WALLS – Rescuing slaves does not end the moment they are freed from captivity
- LEVERAGING INTERNATIONAL DIPLOMACY – In October 2000 the U.S. Congress passed a vital piece of legislation, the Trafficking Victims Protection Act TVPA, which directs the U.S. State Department to issue an annual report evaluating the performance of individual governments as they confront and prosecute human traffickers.
My Commentary: “There are more than 30 million slaves in the world today. More than at the height of the Trans-Atlantic slave trade.”
And, statistics show that these victims are disproportionately women and children, who happen to be in the highest risk-group, as easy targets for the transnational human sex trafficking trade:
How pathetic! Fearing our natural reaction to their demonology, the vampires among us have only learned to hide their ways from the light of day! Is this what all of the individuals who debate with me are thinking about when they angrily speak of “progress” after I lambast these rotten-to-the core government systems we are all trapped in? I HIGHLY doubt it! Wake up, everyone! Things haven’t gotten better! The wolves have only gotten more clever!